Sunday, July 5, 2009

A new member of the family

On Saturday June 20th we were joined by the newest member of our family. Cody flew up here from Minnesota. He is from a litter of puppies that my parents had. Cody was three months old when he joined us and we were lucky that Grandma and Grandpa started training him with the basics like sit, stay, heel and fetch. Now it is up to us to keep up with that training. I do some of that when I get up in the morning (around 4:45am) and do a little more in the evening when we get home from work.

Mackenzie meeting Cody for the first time. We went to a park after picking him up from the airport to let him go to the bathroom and meet everyone. Mackenzie was not sure if she liked him at first.

Cody and Rob at the park.

Here I am with Cody. We were running together to help release some energy and excitement.

Cody with Mackenzie and Rob in his new backyard. It is not like the 40 acres he had at Grandma and Grandpa's house but it will do.

Where are my brothers and mom..... I guess I left them in Minnesota but these people seem pretty nice.

Mackenzie saw Mom and Dad walking Cody and wanted to give it a try.

It appears to be going well.

Oops, something went wrong. Good thing Mackenzie was able to get up, shake it off and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment